Halloween Half Marathon
Sunday, October 27, 2019 - 9:00 am
2018 Results are available HERE
2018 Photos are available HERE
- Large medals for all finishers!
- Personalized bib numbers for all who register by 10/1/2019!
- Halloween candy at the water stations!
- Post race party, including food trucks!
- Bag check!
- Great crowd support!
- Plenty of water and aid stations!
- Scenic course!
- 500 point, USATF-certified race!
- Prizes for age group and overall winners!
- Prizes for best Halloween costumes!
- Benefits The Leukemia Lymphoma Society!
- FREE race photos!
The start and finish will be at the Verizon parking lot on Oak Street in the heart of Morristown, NJ at 9:00am .. (50 Maple Ave. If using GPS)
- Public parking garage on DeHart St. (if using GPS, the address is 8 DeHart St.)
- Public parking garage at 30 Schuyler Place. (About a quarter mile from starting line)
- Town Hall parking lot at 200 South St. (Less than half a mile from starting line)
NOTE: If you are doing the 2nd or 3rd leg of the relay, you should park near Ginty Field (49 Woodland Ave. Morristown)
There will be 7 stations along the course. Below is a breakdown of the approximate locations and what will be at each:
- Mile 2.2: Water, Halloween candy
- Mile 4.1: Water, Halloween candy, Gatorade
- Mile 5.5: Water, Halloween candy,
- Mile 7.1: Water, Halloween candy, Gatorade
- Mile 8.3: Water, Halloween candy
- Mile 9.9: Water, Halloween candy, Gatorade
- Mile 11.9: Water, Halloween candy
Upon finishing the race, all runners will receive an awesome Halloween Half finisher medal! All participants in the relay will receive a medal.
Packets can be picked up at Jackrabbit on Morristown (31 South St., Morristown) on Saturday, October 26th from 10:00am-5:00pm.
Race day registration and packet pickup will be available at the race site, 10 Oak St. Morristown.
All age group, overall and relay winners will receive a pair of ON running shoes! Special prizes will also be given out for the best Halloween costumes!
The course time limit is 3.5 hours. If you are over 1:45 at the half way point, you will be asked to detour onto an abbreviated course (about 12 miles, instead of 13.1).
Portable restrooms will be located at the starting area, around the 4 mile mark, around the 10 mile mark, and the finish area.
If you are coming from out of town, the two closest hotels are the Hyatt and the Best Western. Both are less than a mile from the start/finish area.
A 3 person relay! This is a fun way to experience the Halloween Half Marathon without running the full 13.1. The relay distances are approximately 3.9 miles, 6.1 miles and 3.1 miles. The first runner will start with the the individual half marathon runners on Maple Ave. The second and third runners will wait for the hand-off at Ginty Field, in front of the fire station. All relay runners will receive a finisher medal and race jacket. The relay CAN be done with two-person teams. Both hand-offs are at Ginty Field, so one partner could do the first and last leg or two consecutive legs.
There will be a bus to transport relay members back and forth between the relay exchange area and the start/finish area. The bus will pick up relay runners near the start/finish area, in front of Jackrabbit (31 South St.)in downtown Morristown and drop off at the gazebo at Ginty Field, near Woodland Ave. It will leave approximately every 20 minutes from 8:30 am - 12:30 pm.
NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS, TRANSFERS, OR DEFERRALS.