Halloween Half Marathon
Thank you for running the 2016 Halloween Half Marathon! Results are available at Compuscore.com.
Photos can be found at HERE.
- Large jack-o-lantern medals for all finishers!
- High quality, long sleeved wicking technical shirts for all participants!
- Personalized bib numbers for all who register by 10/1/2016!
- Halloween candy at the water stations!
- Fun Halloween surprises along the course!
- Great crowd support!
- Plenty of water and aid stations!
- Scenic course!
- 500 point, USATF-certified race!
- Prizes for age group and overall winners!
- Prizes for best Halloween costumes!
- Benefits FernDog Dog Rescue Group!
- FREE race photos!
- A fun post-race party sponsored by Miller Lite at Grasshopper Off the Green!
10:00AM Half Marathon start time.
The start and finish will be at the Verizon parking lot on Oak Street in the heart of Morristown, NJ. (50 Maple Ave. If using GPS)
10:15AM RE/MAX Elms Dougherty Group Kids Fun Run start time.
The kid's 1 mile fun run will start and finish at the corner of Maple and DeHart St.
- Wells Fargo parking lot on DeHart St. and public parking garage on DeHart St. (if using GPS, the address is 8 DeHart St.)
- Public parking garage at 30 Schuyler Place. (About a quarter mile from starting line)
- Town Hall parking lot at 200 South St. (Less than half a mile from starting line)
Course map, updated 10/05/16 http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/fullscreen/1299417064/
There will be 7 stations along the course. Below is a breakdown of the approximate locations and what will be at each:
- Mile 2.2: Water, Halloween candy
- Mile 4.1: Water, Halloween candy, Gatorade
- Mile 5.5: Water, Halloween candy,
- Mile 7.1: Water, Halloween candy, Gatorade
- Mile 8.3: Water, Halloween candy
- Mile 9.9: Water, Halloween candy, Gatorade
- Mile 11.9: Water, Halloween candy
Upon finishing the race, all runners will receive an awesome Halloween Half finisher medal! All participants in the relay and Kids Mile will also receive a medal.
Packets can be picked up on October 14 and October 15 (10:00AM - 7:00PM) at the Morristown Running Company (31 South St., Morristown, NJ 07960). Packets will also be available at the starting area on race day from 8:45AM - 9:45AM.
Race day registration will be available at the race site, 10 Oak St. Morristown.
A variety of merchandise prizes will be given to top 3 overall runners. Medals, trophies and necklaces will be given to top 3 in each 5 year age group. Special prizes will also be given out for the best Halloween costumes!
Portable restrooms will be located at the starting area, at the 4 mile mark, the 11 mile mark, and the finish area.
New for 2016, a 3 person relay! This is a fun way to experience the Halloween Half Marathon without running the full 13.1. The relay distances are approximately 3.9 miles, 6.1 miles and 3.1 miles. The first runner will start with the the individual half marathon runners on Maple Ave. The second and third runners will wait for the hand-off at Ginty Field, in front of the fire station. All relay runners will receive a finisher medal and race shirt. The relay CAN be done with two-person teams. Both hand-offs are at Ginty Field, so one partner could do the first and last leg or two consecutive legs.
There will be a bus to transport relay members back to the start finish area. The bus will pick up relay runners at the gazebo at Ginty Field, near Woodland Ave. It will leave approximately every 20 minutes from 10:30am-12:00pm.
RE/MAX Elms Dougherty Group Kids 1 Mile Fun Run
Also new for 2016 is a kids fun run! The event will start at 10:15am at the corner of Maple Ave. and DeHart St. The kids will run from there to the end of Wetmore Ave. and then return to the starting area. All registrants will receive tee shirts and all finishers will receive medals.
NOTE: ABSOLUTELY NO REFUNDS, TRANSFERS, OR DEFERRALS.